Mackie 1642VLZ4 16-Channel 4-bus Compact Mixer
The Mackie 1642VLZ4 16-channel mixer delivers the proven performance of Onyx preamps in a compact 4-bus mixer design, perfect for bands, clubs and more.
From every input to ever output, the 1642VLZ4 is designed to provide the highest headroom and lowest noise possible for maximum signal integrity.
Plus, it is truly "Built-Like-A-Tank" with a ridiculously rugged solid-steel chassis that includes high-contrast controls for ultimate tactile control.
And with features like an expanded return section for no-hassle system integration, plus a dedicated control room section, the 1642VLZ4 is the go-to mixer choice for any application that demands flexibility and professional performance.
Perfection Of Compact Analog Mixer Design
Mackie relentlessly pursues the perfection of the compact mixer. VLZ4 ups the level of sonic quality at every level, featuring Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps and premium components from front to back. The result is the most rock solid, the most easy to use and, yes, the best sounding compact mixer ever created.
The Original No-Nonsense Compact Mixer Series
Now featuring Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, the comprehensive Mackie VLZ4 line delivers the proven feature set, high-headroom/low-noise design and "Built-Like-A-Tank" construction that created an industry more than 25 years ago. From every input to every output, VLZ4 is optimized to deliver professional-quality results each and every time.
•16-channel mixer featuring Mackie signature high-headroom/low-noise design
•10 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
•Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
•128.5 dB dynamic range
•+22 dBu line input handling
•Extended frequency response
•Distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz – 50kHz)
•Phantom power for studio condenser mics
• Improved RF rejection perfect for broadcast applications
• Phantom power for condenser mics
• 16 high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 operation control
• 4 aux sends, level, pan and PFL solo on each channel
• 3-band EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
• 18 dB/oct 75Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
• 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders
• 4 stereo returns for connecting FX processor or other stereo source
• ALT 3/4 stereo bus for added routing flexibility
• Control room / phones source matrix
• High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters
• Sealed rotary control resist dust and grime
• “Built-Like-A-Tank” rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
• High-visibility, high-contrast controls deliver convenient “at-a-glance” visual feedback
• Rack-mountable design using optional rack ear kit
• Multi-voltage power supply for worldwide use
Main Mix Noise
Main Mix Fader Unity, Channel Fader Down: -86.5dBu
Main Mix Fader @ Unity, Channel Fader @ Unity: -86dBu
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
Mic In to Insert Send: <0.0007%
Channel Mute Switch Engaged: -82dBu
Channel Gain Down: -82dBu